Friday, October 20, 2006

Sears Called

This is a continuation of my Post of Oct 16 - Things that make me feel better?

Today I received the phone call promised in the reply letter. A Sears specialty agent is calling.
It was not a customer confidence building conversation.

A young sounding voice commented on my cheery mood when I answered the phone. She introduced herself asking how am I enjoying my dishwasher and water-softener? (I did stay cheery through the whole conversation).

I proceeded to repeat the same information I wrote in my letter adding that the price of the new dishwasher is more than twice that of the old and expected at least the same performance from the new one.

Now, this is where it goes beyond my understanding of things.

She says

"I hear this all the time, that the older model is better." something wrong with this statement

However, "It is more energy efficient." The old days of elbow grease is back

"Your warranty is only for mechanical defects." to me, the whole thing is a defect

"Would you like to sign up for a one year maintenance contract?" You have got to be kidding?

"Should you have any problems go to your local retail outlet. They may help you." Now there is an idea!

Or, "You can call parts and service at ###-####. Tried that, push 1 for this, 2 for that and wait.

Help! I know I was talking with a human who is suppose to be a Specialty Agent. Special at what? She couldn't answer my question about the power of the pump. In fact I don't think she knew anything about dishwashers. If her job was to make me go away. I have to think this one over.

It looks like I'm soon making another trip to Sarnia to talk with someone in the appliance department.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That wasn't the "specialty agent" they promised you that was a standard call to sell you a protection agreement. Contact the original responder to your email or go into your store. We hate it when someone comes in but trust me you'll get answers faster - oh and you want the department manager for appliances.

Blog Archive