Monday, October 30, 2006

The best style of worship

....is the one that most authentically represents your love for God.

Yesterday I went to church with my brother. http://trinity.sarnia.net/index1.php is the church that he and his family belong.

A place to belong: (The Purpose Driven Life, chapter 17) Today's culture of independent individualism has created many spiritual orphans - "bunny believers" who hop around from one church to another without any identity, accountability, or commitment. Many believe one can be a "good Christian" without joining (or even attending) a local church, but God would strongly disagree. The Bible offers many compelling reasons for being committed and active in a local fellowship.
(Kirk and I are 'work in progress' in this area)

In trying to explain my joyful experience with Kirk, the upbeat style of music became a topic. Kirk is a traditionalists who draws closer to God through rituals. I'm going with "If God intentionally made us all different, why should everyone be expected to love God in the same way?" The good part of this is Trinity offers both styles. Both styles represent our Love for God.

I think Kirk is more an ascetic. Ascetics prefer to love God in solitude and simplicity. Which brings me to the books our sister-in-law lent us - International Inductive Study Bible and Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible. When I returned home from church Kirk couldn't wait to start reading. The rest of the day was Bible study in solitude.

No comments:

Blog Archive