Sunday, April 22, 2007

At Cross Road


As Kirk would say "I'm covered up!" Translation; he has a lot of work coming in. The above picture is work in progress; creative table to brace water ski pole.

Yesterday when I arrived home from Tim Hortons, our driveway was filled with boats (4), large and small, in addition to farmer equipment repairs, tanks and steps to build. It was busy, sunny, warm Saturday and the people kept coming.

I'm still having a hard time adjusting to my new job. For something that started out being "something to get me out of the house a few days a week" to "do I need this stress?"

The body and mind is willing, but the body and mind is breaking down. Help me Lord! What did I get myself into. Yes, I could just quit. But it is against my grain to give up. I probably should quit, as I spend most of the day saying "I'm Sorry". This is not only for what I do wrong. It is a combination of chain reactions of forces beyond my control. The result is still the same, I'm apologizing to someone.

When I started at Tim Hortons there are number of comments that have stuck in my mind.

It is more than just serving coffee and donuts.

We are not perfect.

It will come to you.

You can only wait on one customer at a time.

Just ask someone to help.

and my favorite

We are suppose to do it this way but...



I've had my share of jobs in the past and this is the first one that I'm stressed out before I even get through the door in the morning. It has to be me, because there are too many of them. The criticism from the younger generation starts upon arrival and it doesn't stop.


Then comes to positive side of the more mature, friendly, helpful, and understanding people that makes it worth the effort. Then I actually like the job.
So the long and short of this - I still am undecided on what to do. Kirk wants me to quit and work with him. If there is anyone easy to work with, it is Kirk!

No comments:

Blog Archive